Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My 101 in 1001 List!

It's finally here! My 101 in 1001 list is complete and I'm both excited and nervous to share it. As the sweet Mackenzie reminded me, it is one thing to put the pen to paper and a completely different thing to share it with others. So without further ado, here goes nothing! 

{4 down, 97 to go!}

1. Come up with 101 things (November 2012). 
2. Move into my first apartment. 
3. Start my own event planning company, Southern Grace Events. 
4. Upgrade to the iPhone (November 2012). 
5. Upgrade to MacBook Pro (December 2012). 
6. Graduate from college.
7. Send 50 handwritten notes to family and friends. 
8. Schedule routine appointments with doctor, dentist, dermatologist, and go at least once a year. 
9. Learn how to braid my hair. 
10. Find a beauty and skincare regimen that works for me. And stick with it! 
11. Eat the recommended serving of veggies every day for one week. 
12. Eat vegetarian for one week. 
13. Go 30 days without sugar and flour.
14. Drink eight glasses of water every day for a week. 
15. Try acupuncture.
16. Take all recommended vitamins and supplements.
17. Find out my blood type.
18. Read 30 new books. 
19. Re-read one of the classics. 
20. Take a cooking lesson. 
21. Try 30 new recipes found online (Pinterest, other blogs, etc.) 
22. Eat and cook homemade meals every night for one week. 
23. Grow herbs on my windowsill.  
24. Take a sewing lesson. 
25. Create a living will. 
26. Buy my first car. 
27. Go on a spontaneous weekend road trip. 
28. Complete 15 5ks (1 of 15).
29. Run a 5k under 25 minutes.
30. Try one out of my comfort zone workout class. 
31. Relaunch my blog with custom design. 
32. Tie up loose ends for blog and business - business cards, Facebook, Twitter, etc. 
33. Organize must-read blogs into a reader. 
34. Create two regular features on my blog.
35. Establish an editorial calendar for blog features. 
36. Guest post on a blog. 
37. Create a professional portfolio. 
38. Establish a media kit for Southern Grace Events. 
39. Connect with a blog friend in person. 
40. Learn how to use Adobe Photoshop. 
41. Attend ALT Summit. 
42. Attend Making Things Happen conference. 
43. Pay it forward to an unsuspecting person.
44. Create a daily devotional routine. 
45. Tithe consistently to Elevation Church.
46. Volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte. 
47. Volunteer at a children's hospital. 
48. Organize and plan a charity event for a cause close to my heart. 
49. Take a swimming lesson.
50. Take a calligraphy class. 
51. Ride in a hot air balloon. 
52. Go to a drive-in movie. 
53. De-clutter my closet. 
54. Invest in classic pieces - handbag, wallet, shoes, boots. 
55. Own a red dress. 
56. Wear the right shade of red lipstick. 
57. Own a piece of Lululemon gear.
58. Create an inspiration board. 
59. Create a bar cart. 
60. Have one of my events featured in a magazine. 
61. Plan my best friend's wedding. 
62. Plan a surprise party for a friend. 
63. Plan a New Years Eve party. 
64. Create a list of all states visited. 
65. Renew my passport. 
66. Use my aforementioned passport. 
67. Learn how to ice skate. 
68. Use my skating skills at an outdoor rink. 
69. Take my Mom to see Garth Brooks in concert. 
70. Spend a weekend with just my grandmother. 
71. Visit Savannah, Georgia. 
72. Visit Charleston, South Carolina. 
73. Go to a double-feature. 
74. Go on a stay-cation. 
75. Dance in the rain. 
76. Go apple picking. 
77. Sort through contacts and create address book. 
78. Have all email accounts down to zero. 
79. Organize photos. 
80. Organize iTunes.
81. Get rid of all magazines. 
82. Go to the CMA Fest with Amanda
83. Go to a performance at the Grand Ol' Opry. 
84. Buy something at a flea market. 
85. Learn how to shoot a gun. 
86. Go on a winery tour and tasting. 
87. Ride in a horse drawn carriage. 
88. Have family portraits taken. 
89. Invest in a camera. 
90. Take a photograph lesson to use camera. 
91. Send out Christmas cards. 
92. Make a homemade gift.
93. Create scrapbook for my grandmother. 
94. Go ziplining. 
95. Ride in a ferris wheel (November 2012).
96. Learn the Thriller dance. 
97. Buy flowers at the historic Radcliffe Flower Shop in Charlotte.
98. Reconnect with an old friend.
99. Go a 24-hour technology free period - no phone, laptop, etc.
100. Inspire someone to have a list of their own.
101. Put $10 into savings for every task completed. 


Read about making my list here!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this! And I might be able to help with No. 30 and 100 :) Are you free tonight or Monday night? I go to the PitFit class at PIT, it's definitely a different workout from the normal running or Zumba classes that I used to do! I'm definitely going to try to make a list for myself.

    ReplyDelete